Do you get what you pay for?
Some people love designer clothing but don’t like the price tag that go with them, so you can imagine the appeal with shops offering designer type clothing at lower prices. What is the risk if you buy a pair of shoes that don’t last more than one season? Do you want to be wearing those shoes in a year’s time, or should you pay more hoping they last?
Now apply the same thinking to purchasing a Terminal Operating System (TOS) and you might find yourself running into problems. Investing in a TOS is a major investment, which unlike shoes, usually only happens once in a lifetime and must be approached with considerably more thought.
There are many things to be considered when selecting a TOS
- Starting with clear business objectives is essential. Will the TOS give you confidence to grow or will you need to adapt your processes to fit the TOS?
- Is the vendor reputable, reliable, proven and experienced? Do they offer training and support with a clearly defined research and development roadmap?
- What is the Total Cost of Ownership? There are many hidden and ongoing costs to consider, not just the starting price.
- How quickly will you gain efficiencies and see a return on your investment?
- What about integration? Is it seamless, or do you need to bring in other vendors, which can open you up to risk.
Would you like to know more? Talk to our experts at Jade.
Download our white paper, Investing in Growth to identify some of the key factors to consider before buying a terminal operating system.