It is now possible to configure cargo operators to be part of a Pooling Party.
Empty Pooling Parties are maintained in Terminal Admin.
The Empty Pooling Parties is simply a code and description, but it also allows you to set the percentage of charges across the operators in the party.
In System Admin – Operators. The Empty Pool Party can be specified at terminal level.
In Release Requests and Cargo Enquiry the pool party is shown as a read only field since it is derived from the specified operator.
Yard Allocations also includes the Empty Pool Party attribute.
Invoice Cargo Allocation mapping also includes the new attribute.
A new debtor type has been added to services and invoice line types.
The new attribute is available in the JRW views, the SQL extract and the Selector Queries.
How it works.
In release requests the cargo operator is still mandatory. If the operator is configured to be part of a pooling party this will be derived.
If a director task is created the list of possible matching containers will include all containers for operators associated to the pool party that is derived from the cargo operator on the release request.
1. The release request must still always have an operator. The Pool Party is read only and derived from the selected operator.
2. If a release request has a pool party then any container assigned to the release request must have the same pool party. This means that a container with no pool party does not match.
3. If a release request has no pool party then any container can be assigned to the release request under the current rules.
4. When road/rail releasing containers via a release request with a pool party update the container with the release request’s operator and booking number.
5. When assigning containers via a release request with a pool party update the container with the release request’s operator and booking number.
6. When ship releasing containers via a release request with a pool party update the container with the release request’s operator and booking number and IMEX of EXPORT.